Governor Cuomo endorses Assemblymember Didi Barrett in 106th Assembly District race
Assemblymember Didi Barrett announced the endorsement of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo in the upcoming Independence Party Primary on Thursday, September 13 for the 106th Assembly District.
“I am honored to be endorsed by Governor Cuomo. We are fighting for the same things: a business clima…
“We’ve made great strides getting New York, and the Mid-Hudson Valley, moving forward again, but the job isn’t done yet,” Governor Cuomo said.
“I need a partner who has already demonstrated that she’s fighting for the same things that I’m working on to continue getting our communities back on track. Didi Barrett is a fierce, independent advocate for Dutchess and Columbia Counties and I am proud to give her my endorsement.”
In the Assembly, Barrett has voted against tax increases, refused to accept taxpayer-funded per diems and travel reimbursements for her commute to Albany, and held district office hours out in the community, so those with concerns could reach her more easily and during hours convenient to them.
“Mid-Hudson Valley families need a representative in Albany who will help Governor Cuomo move his bold agenda forward,” Barrett said. “I’ll be his strong partner in getting the results we need.”
Assemblymember Barrett’s plans for 2013 include:
• Attracting new, private-sector jobs and helping local businesses thrive;
• Reducing costly state mandates on local governments and schools districts to ease the property tax burden on homeowners and businesses;
• Cutting state taxes for families and small businesses;
• Increasing education funding for our local schools; and
• Making sure families feel safe, and are safe, in their homes, schools and communities.